Tuesday, October 29, 2013

October Favorites!!

So it is the end of October, and I am sooo excited to be in the cusp of Fall!!!!  See full video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YbIpN4imPc

 Lets get into the favorites!

First:
 Cover Girl Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 foundation. This foundation claims to be a primer, concealer and foundation in one. Now the reason that I have two of them is that I initially purchased the one on the right in "Tawny" and it was waaaaaaaayyyyy too dark, but the next shade up was too light and that shade on the left is "Classic Tan". So my solution to them not making a color that was suited to my skin tone was to purchase both of these colors and mix them to get an accurate account of how they wear. Can I just say these are AMAZING. Now I still use an undereye concealer with these because I have dark circles from another planet, but this foundation stays in place, helps to keep me matte ( oily t-zone ) and wears all day!! This is now a staple in my makeup collection and I could not be happier that it is drugstore. Here is the link to purchase from Amazon: Covergirl Outlast 3 in 1 Foundation

Next we have this primer from Laura Mercier:
 I wanted to try this primer out because I was looking for one that I could use everyday that was not as expensive as my Hourglass one. I like that this primer is oil free, it applies smoothly and helps my foundation to apply smoothly as well. While I still have to blot oil during the day, I find that I blot less when I use this product under my foundation. One thing I have noticed however is that when I wear it under the cover girl outlast, the outlast does not wear as well as it does when I don't use it. This could be just because the outlast has its own primer and I am overloading it with another primer, but on it's own this product is amazing! Buy Laura Mercier Primer from Amazon here: Laura Mercier Oil Free Primer

Next is my Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in the color "F-bomb" :
                                                               And here is a swatch :
This is an AMAZING color in both the formula and the finish. This is most likely the only red in my makeup collection that is not a matte, but wears like one in the longevity of it. I am sooo pleased to have purchased this and will be purchasing more from this collection before it goes away!! You may notice in the top picture, there is a darker ring around the lipstick and that is because I always pair  all of my red lipsticks with Mac's "Nightmoth" lip liner and that color is a bit purple. Get Urban Decay Lipstick here, I was not able to find this on Amazon so this is a Sephora Link: Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick F-Bomb

This lip product is one that I adore for the color alone:
                                                   And here is a swatch:
 This is the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in the color "BonHeur". I love this color for a more natural look that is not a gloss. This product wears shiny, but does not have the feel of a gloss, it is smooth and goes on nicely. The downside however is that I do not think it is as hydrating as I would like it to be and it wears off very easily. On days that I am wearing this color, I have to constantly re-apply it but it is such a nice color that it is totally worth it! Buy Chanel Rouge CoCo shine here on Amazon : Chanel Rouge CoCo Shine in Bonheur

Next, we have my Le Matte lip color from Loreal in 'Matte-r-of Fact" : 
                                             And a swatch:
 I found this at my local Target not too long ago and I assume that these mush be in high demand because I could not find them on Amazon to link them or on the L'oreal website which was shocking! But , this is the first matte lip color from the drugstore that I have ever purchased and I LOVE it! It is comparable to any high end matte lip shade that I have tried in texture, formula, and longevity. This is more than likely why I cannot find it anywhere online. If you do get a chance to pick this little baby up, I highly suggest it!

Next I have my Nyx Green Tea blotting papers: 
 This is an item I do NOT, repeat do NOT leave the house without. I have a very oily T-zone and these blotting papers work wonderfully to get rid of the additional oil and mattify my face over and over. Purchase yours here on Amazon: NYX Green Tea Blotting Papers

My final lip product should be no suprise :o) : RiRi Woo by Mac
                                          And my final lip swatch of the blog:
 This color is so lovely and RED!! I do love my red lipsticks!! This is an amazing color that wears ALL day long with a little lip gloss needed mid day, this is still a winner for me! Purchase here from Amazon: RiRi Woo lipstick by Mac

And finally, I have been wearing this blush soooo much this month because it is neutral and gives a natural highlight/glow to my cheeks. This is Mac's "Peaches" : 
 
 This color is slightly orange but the light from my camera seems to be watching the color out in the bottom picture. I love this blush and this is my go-to when I want to get away from the pink, red, and burgundy colors that I seem to have a plethora of . This color gives me a hint of beautiful coral to my cheeks that I love! Buy here at Amazon: Mac Sheertone Blush in Peaches

Thanks for reading!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment