Saturday, September 14, 2013

Birchbox September 2013 Unboxing Review!

So I received my Birchbox today, and the very first item I pulled out I was sooo excited about because 1. I have never owed a lip gloss from this brand before, and 2. I am a lip JUNKIE!! It was this Benefit Sugarbomb Lip gloss:
 This lip gloss is sheer while adding just the right amount of color,and after applying it, I must say it goes on super smooth and smells like candy!! #SUPERSCORE!

Next, I have this nail polish by the brand 'Ruffian" :
 This is a very beautiful light green color that I think has some hints of yellow as an undertone. I would think of this as more of a spring color than something I would think of wearing in the Fall season, however I think it would be perfect for an accent nail!

Next we have this little hand cream that is marketed as a " gardeners hand healer" but actually named Baume Du Jardiner, pour les mains ( for the hands)
  This hand lotion is VERY thick and creamy and smells fresh and faintly of lime. The combination is very pleasant and seems to linger after the lotion is absorbed. 

Next we have the " baobab oil moisturizing Hair & Body Shampoo."
 This is advertised as a hair and body shampoo, but the two in one items that I have seen I have never been brave enough to use for both things they are supposedly made for. Call me old fashioned, but I think its weird to wash your body with the same thing that you are washing your hair with. The one thing that I noticed about this product is that it smelled faintly of oil and also contains a couple of different oils in the ingredients. Knowing this, I would think that as a shampoo it MAY not be the best thing to use HOWEVER, as a body wash, it seems brilliant!!! The oils in the wash are sure to hydrate your skin and I for one, am super excited to try it!

And finally, this perfume sample was the last item in the box it is by BCBG:
 This perfume smelled AMAZING!! It was fruity, and feminine with just the right amount of sophistication. Your MUST smell it for yourself, BUT the one thing that I did notice is that a few hours after wearing it, the scent totally wore off and I sprayed quite a bit on myself initially because I fell in love with the scent instantly. This is the only thing that would put me off of purchasing the full size product.

Overall, this was one amazing box, I absolutely LOVE the lipgloss and the hand cream is going directly into my makeup bag!! Thanks for reading and be sure to check out my YouTube channel for the full video unboxing!! Link to video unboxing here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6DRdu08KeA

No comments:

Post a Comment