Saturday, October 12, 2013

Elf Disney Villains First Impressions!!

So, I heard that Elf was releasing their Disney Villains palettes and that they were only going to be available at Walgreens. Before making the treck to Walgreens, I searched online and they were not available ANYWHERE, so off to Walgreens I went. Out of the 4 palettes the one with the colors that seemed to best suit my skin tone was the " Evil Queen" palette.. ( Yunno, from Snow White)  See Full Video First Impressions here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4HR9Kf5MFE
This is the outside of the Palette

 and here is the inside:
 This Palette comes with six eyeshadows, a liquid liner, a kohl liner, an eyelid primer, a lip gloss, an eyeshadow brush, and a mascara. This entire palette retailed for $9.99!! WHA?!!??

Here is a closeup of the shadows:

Here is  swatch of the top three shadows: huntsman, jealousy, and majesty 
And here is a swatch of the bottom three colors: witch, vanity, and dark magic 
For the most part, I found these colors pigmented and VERY easy to blend which is what Elf shadows are all about and known for . 

Now I am not sure why Elf decides each year NOT to sell these anywhere EXCEPT Walgreens because many people usually want to purchase these palettes but either cannot find them at their Walgreens, or do not live near one. Last year, I missed out because these sold like hotcakes as soon as they came out. 

Now as I stated, this palette was the only one that I got because it had the most flattering colors for me, but upon further inspection of the store, I found another display with a box of 12 POLISHES also from the ELF Disney Villain collection that I HAD TO HAVE!!!
 This is what the one side of the box looks like, 
now lets get into the polishes!!
From left to right we have: Bubble Gum Pink, Mod Mauve, and Gina Girl

Next: 

Left to Right: Pot of Gold,Cranberry, and Thunderstorm

Third: 
Left to Right: Nude, Smokin Hot, and Smoky Brown

And Finally:
Left to Right: Coral Dream, Mint Cream, and Sea Escape. 

So far I LOVE these colors!1 I have always been a fan of the ELF nail polishes for years now and getting 12 of them for a discount when they are already such a deal from the start is AMAZING!

So the moral of this tale is, at $9.99 a piece, these items are an AMAZING deal!! Go get you some ladies and gents!!! Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment