Sunday, September 1, 2013

Julep Unboxing August 2013!

So I received my Julep box just the other day and these are the items that I received:
 For those who may not know, Julep is a monthly subscription service for nail polish and in all the boxes I believe ( depending upon your profile, selected by the answers you give in the quiz you take when you sign up) you get 2 polishes and an extra item. I think there is one box that just gives 3 polishes per month but I do not have that profile. My profile with Julep is, Classic with a Twist and for this month these are the items that I received. ( See my FULL video unboxing here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNMY8FhStJE )

The first nail polish is a beautiful purple shade called Padma:

 This is a deep purple, perfect for the fall season, with reflective bits that make it catch the light and just brighten the color up. This was my favorite color out of the two, as soon as I saw it I was in love! Lol!

The next color is a true nude shade called Florence:

 Nude shades, for me, are more of a summer/spring shade but I won't NOT wear a nude shade just because its fall or winter. This color is a staple for any and every nail polish collection much the same as a black pair of pants or a pair of casual shoes is for your wardrobe. 

The next item in the box was the Julep Bare Face Cleansing Oil: 

Cleansing oils are something that I have heard of and wanted to try, but not enough to go out and purchase one not knowing if I was going to like it or not. Getting this oil in my Julep box is awesome because I get to try it and don't have to pay any more than the cost of the box for that month. It's like getting a free product!

Last but certainly not least, they threw in this little extra: 
 This is a portable nail polish remover pad and it IS  a repeat item but one that I hope they keep on repeating. These little packets are ESSENTIAL if you are traveling and may be staying out of town for a few days and want to  bring a couple bottles of nail polish to change up your manicure. These wipes are compact, portable, and very easy to use. 

Now, getting into the heart of the matter, is Julep worth the price tag of $19.99/month? Julep polishes retail for about $14.00/bottle which is what a lot of the higher end polishes retail for or near. For $19.99/month I am getting TWO polishes ( great savings there ) and an extra beauty item! This month it was the cleansing oil. I would have to say that in my opinion Julep is totally worth the price if you are into nail polish and want to start collecting. 
*Another fun fact is that if you start doing your own nails at home, you are going to save hundreds of dollars per year that would have otherwise gone to a salon. Here is my link to Julep if you want to try them out! Thanks for reading!          http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/64609/

No comments:

Post a Comment