Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Battle of the Cleansing Waters!


So, cleansing water is something that I have used for a while now and could not imagine my makeup routine without it. Cleansing water allows you to remove your makeup thourougly with its gentle formula WITHOUT rinsing.

I have had the pleasure of trying two very popular cleansing waters and have formulated an opinion on which one is better. First, lets talk about the Caudalie' Makeup Remover Cleansing Water: 
This particular item sells on the Sephora website for 
$28.00/200ml. I recieved this as a sample from Sephora and I must say that right away the smell of the water was a big bonus! There was a slight refreshing scent of cucumber that made me feel as if it 
was refreshing my skin. Another good point is that it was very, very gentle and did not irritate or burn my skin; it also took my makeup right off which is exactly what it claims to do! 

The second cleansing water that I have been using the longest is my Bioderma which I love!  

      Bioderma retails on Amazon for $28.33/500ml! So right off the bat, you are getting more than double the product in the Bioderma than the Caudalie. Bioderma is also SUPER gentle and was one of the first and only makeup removing products that did not irritate my eyes and make them burn. Using it on my face refreshes my skin, and if it did not do such a wonderful job taking off my makeup, I could swear it was pure water.

Now out of the two products, my vote goes for the Bioderma for two reasons: 1. For the same price as the Caudalie, you get more than double the product and 
2. The downside of the Caudalie Water is that I felt it left a slight residue or "stickiness" if you will that I do NOT like or get with using my Bioderma.

So that is just my opinion or take on the comparison of both products that are made to perform the same and I will place the links for each below! Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment