Sunday, September 8, 2013

Favorite Fall Nail Colors!

So I was going through my nail polish collection this weekend and started to look at some of the colors I wanted to incorporate into the oncoming Fall season and here are my picks:
 The first color is by Dior, and its called "Sienna" 
 This is a lighter color that is on trend for this fall season in its light, but muted tones. I just saw a commercial that Topshop has a coat in this exact color that they are releasing for the fall season. This muted shade is what makes it work for Fall; its light, but not BRIGHT. (Hey, thats a little rhyme.... Ok, moving on) 

The next shade is by Julep, and I had this color on my nails earlier this week and LOVED IT. This is the shade, "Martha" 
 This shade also is keeping in line with the Dior polish in that it is a light color that is muted. This color is  fun, feminine, and a VERY opaque shade of muted pink. Unlike its sister "hot pink" this pink is more reserved and perfect for brightening up your hands as we approach Autumn. 

The next shade is probably one of the funnest shades I own that for me is strictly reserved for Fall, it is "T.V Party" by Nars: 
 This color is from Nars Andy Warhol collection and while I'm none too sure of its availability at Sephora any longer, there HAS to be somewhere else that sells this. This color is a true orange and I love wearing it with a brown glittery accent nail to punch up a true fall look. 

Next we have Illamasqua nail varnish in, "Rampage" : 
 A true green color that looks beautiful and rich on your nails. Perfect for Fall!

Next we have Essie's "Blue Rhapsody" : 
 This color reminds me if an Ice princess because it is such a cool tone with a light reflecting quality without shimmer. Perfect for snowy days, it makes your fingers look as if they have been dipped in ice.

Moving on, we have one of my favorite blue shades, Opi's "Swimsuit... Nailed it!" : 
 This shimmery blue, dresses up your nails, and is just deep and rich enough of a color to take you from fall right into the winter and holiday season. There is a tiny bit of glitter but the pieces are so small, it just looks like little light reflectors on your nails and is NOT difficult to remove at all. 

Now lets get into the red shades!!

First we have my personal fave: 
"Mrs Oleary's Bbq" This color was very much on trend last season because it is a true "oxblood" color. However I loved it well before it became popular, and will love it long after. Its a deep red, with slight berry undertones. Looks BEAUTIFUL on all skintones. 

Next we have 
 "Paloma" by Zoya. This is more of a true berry shade with less notes of a deep red than the OPI polish but is perfect if you want a lighter berry shade for fall. 

My last red shade is 
 " Hot, Hot, Heat" by Sinful Colors. This is a true candy apple red. I usually reserve this shade for the holidays. My family and I celebrate Christmas and this shade is perfect  for any holiday parties or functions! Its festive and cheery and always makes me happy when I wear it because to me it spells HOLIDAYS!!

And last but not least is a color that I recently received in my Julep subscription: 
 This is, "Padma" a beautiful purple shade that I currently have on my nails and am in love with. It is the perfect transition color into fall, not too berry, not too holiday, just too beautiful. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment