Thursday, August 22, 2013

My "go-to" Favorite Products of the Summer!

So most of us, all have those "go to " products in our makeup collection that have never let us down and allow us to pull together looks that make us feel and look "put together" when we may not feel put together. So with the summer days rapidly passing and the Fall season ( my favorite season btw!!) rapidly approaching, I wanted to pay homage to those products this summer that have never let me down. And so without further adieu, here they are:
The first product is my "Lorac Pro Palette". The colors within the palette are neutral for the most part but they are far from your standard neutral, boring palette.
 The top row of 8 shadows are all matte and the bottom row are all shimmers and the combination of colors makes the looks you are able to create, endless.If I could have just one palette in my entire makeup collection, this baby would be in the top 3 if not the only palette I would choose. 

Next, I have my favorite foundation of the moment and that is my "Chanel Perfection Lumiere" foundation. 
 I own this in the shade 54 Beige Ambre' and I have to say that this foundation is amazing. The coverage is flawless and it works to cover up any imperfections but still allows your natural skin to show through, just an improved version of it. I love the way this foundation feels, smells, and makes my skin look. 

Next I have the powder I use to set my foundation and that is my "Makeup Forever Pro Finish" powder foundation. 

 As you can see, I have "loved" this product quite a bit as I have hit pan on it. This powder is technically a foundation as well as a powder but I find that using it as a setting powder adds an extra layer of coverage while not caking up on my skin to look unnatural. I love this powder and WILL be repurchasing. The color I have is 174 Neutral Saffron.

Next, is a product that I use when I do not feel like adding any color to my lips but want a lot of moisture. That item is my "Dior Creme De Rose" smoothing, plumping, lip balm. 

 This lip balm smells like fresh cut roses and is super moisturizing and stays on your lips without being overly sticky. Even though the price tag on this ( for it being a lip gloss that is) is pretty hefty, I think it is absolutely worth it. My one and only gripe about this product is that I wish they would make it in a stick form and not a pot form. 

Next we have my two favorite blushes: Nars "Orgasm" 
 And the Tarte Amazonian clay blush in the color "Frisky"
 These two colors are my "go-to" colors for different reasons and in different looks. The Nars Orgasm blush is used when I am either doing a heavy eye and want to balance the look out with a lighter more natural blush ( on my skin tone Nars Orgasm is very natural looking) or when I am doing a "no makeup, makeup" look and want to add some color to my cheeks.
The Tarte Blush is used to brighten up my complexion  when I do not have too much going on in the eye area in terms of color and want to add a pop of color somewhere on my face aside from my eyes and mouth. This blush is SUPER pigmented and DOES LAST 12 hours!! I love all the Tarte blushes but this one with just a hint of shimmer has been my go-to summer shade. 

And finally, I have the three shades of lipstick that I reach for far more than I should because I adore all three of them!!
 In order from left to right we have Mac's "Ruby Woo", next we have Mac's "ParaMount" and lastly we have Mac's "Red". These three colors are amazing!
 "Ruby Woo" on my skin tone is a very bright orange/red that is flattering and eye catching. I use this color typically during the day when I am feeling bold and want a bright "in your face" red lip.

The next color, "Paramount" is an everyday color that is complimentary and adds another layer to the illusion that I have put myself together for work day to day, and a shade I often wear in the office. 

And finally, Mac "Red" is my go to color for a night on the town. Blue tone red's look better on me at night, and this is my go to shade for a night on the town. Mac lipsticks are generally long wearing as well as moisturizing and this shade ( all of these shades) are no exemption.  

So there you go! I hope you liked seeing all of my go to products and feel free to share your go to products with me! Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment