Sunday, August 25, 2013

Glossybox August 2013 Unboxing!

So this months Glossybox blew me out of the water, and not so much the products, but their size! ( Insert inappropriate " size matters" comment here :o) lol! ) But seriously, in the world of beauty products, size DOES matter. Here are the items that I got in this months box:
The first item,was a jean makeup bag with "Glossybox" on the front and a "Guess" logo on the back. There is nothing particularly brilliant about the bag but it is a wonderful addition to the already highly valuable box and perfect for someone like me who uses these bags to organize my purse.

The next item I received was the Sue Devitt "Triple C-weed" pressed powder in the color "summer monsoon".
 The powder seems light and not too "cakey" and MOST important, it is in my correct shade!!This little detail means a lot of me because I have many products for your face from various boxes ( some even from Glossybox) that do not match my skin shade because they were not matched to my profile on that companies website. This obviously was matched to me,  and I could not be more pleased! Retail value of this powder is $28.00 for a full size and what we got in the box WAS  a full size product. ( This product alone has exceeded the cost of the box at $21.00/box)

Next we have the "Jelly Pong Pong' lip blush. 
 This has super cute packaging that has become a trademark of various other "chubby sticks" as this item is generalized as. Some other points about this item is that it is advertised as a lip stain and is cruelty free which is a double plus in my book! Here is a swatch of the color: Retail value of this lip blush is $18.00 for a full size and this is a full size item. 
 I will definitely have to play around with it to see how best to wear it but it is a really pretty pale pinky-purple tone. 

Next we have the "Anatomicals" spray misty for me facial spritz.
This item is advertised as a facial refresher infused with rose, lavender, and aloe to name a few. When I sprayed this the one stand out fragrance was lavender for me. I typically do not like the smell of lavender in anything, but its combination with the other scents in this bottle create a fragrance that to my surprise, I really like. Retail value for full size product is $9.00/ bottle and we received this in full size.

Next is an item by the company Novex. It is a "Brazilian Keratin Hair Care Treatment Cream."
 This cream is, as described, a keratin treatment to add more moisture to your hair with the weather changing, and our hair needing extra moisture, shine, and smoothness as we enter the fall season, if this actually does what it says, it is going to be a brilliant product. The retail value of this item in full size is $4.99/bottle and the this is a full size item. 

Now I was supposed to have received the "Airelle" intense repair complex cream but it was not in my box. However, what was in my box in its place was this nail polish: 
 I have never tried an item by Pandora's Polish before so I am looking forward to seeing how their formula is and am so excited to have received this item which I believe is also full size but since it came with no description that is just an educated guess. I would say the approximate value of this nail polish is about $6.00.

As a last extra, we were also given a little card giving us 30% off of our order on guess.com which I cannot WAIT to use! 

So overall this box was an outstanding one because it CLEARLY was of greater retail value that what I paid for the entire box, and even though I got an item that was not listed and did not get an item that was listed, I'll take that any day over a box full of foil packets! Thanks for reading!!

What I paid for the box: $21.00
Retail value of items in the box: $65.99
See my full video unboxing here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3uqa3cc9KE

No comments:

Post a Comment