Monday, August 26, 2013

Coupons!!!

So, this blog is titled beauty and coupons and as of late, I have had a lot of beauty posts ( which is what this blog is mostly used for) but not anything having to do with coupons and the two do tie in together so I wanted to share with you how I save money to afford things I otherwise may not be able to.

Now, I got turned onto the website http://thekrazycouponlady.com/ after seeing them on one of the shows they did promo's on and I believe there was an excerpt of them doing a segment and talking about their couponing methods, and promoting their website.

After going on their website and poking around, I found their coupon binder that was available for download and I downloaded it!
 The categories are separated and organized by number so all that is left to do is cut the coupons and place them in the appropriate places in the folder which looks like this. I DO NOT leave the house unless this binder is in my car just in case I need to go to the store unexpectedly. I, on average,save about 50% of my total grocery bill every single month . Saving money on the things that I HAVE to buy, ( food, toiletries, etc..) means that I have more money for things I WANT to buy. 
 I purchased this case/ binder at a local discount store for $15.00 and filled it with baseball card inserts to separate the coupons in each section . 
The picture above shows my makeup section of the coupon binder. Coupons for Almay, Cover Girl and Maybelline are the most popular and found in Sunday inserts or in the mailers we get weekly. When stores such Ulta are having their buy one get one half off for their non-prestige items, using these coupons in conjunction with their coupons ( you can use a store coupon AND a manufacturers coupon on one item, unless the store specifies differently) for $3.50 of of $10.00 or even their 20% off coupons adds up to UNBELIEVABLE savings.

So my point in putting this post up is that I have come to the conclusion that anyone,regardless of income,can save money on necessities and have more money for enjoyable things which is what I, and  the majority of people I know want. 

For a more in depth lesson on couponing, head on over to http://thekrazycouponlady.com/ and click on the beginners tab. I am not being paid nor is this a sponsored blog, instead this is just a valuable piece of information that has helped me, and I want to pass it on to you! Thanks for reading!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment